Summary of this video
- Microsoft recently announced it would make a multi-billion dollar investment into the artificial intelligence Company Open Ai, parent company of Chat GPT.
- The Chat GPTt text generator bot has attracted more than a million users and is being used in classrooms to solve writer’s block and plan news interviews.
- Morning Joe interviews George Washington by using a time machine. The time machine already knows who Morning Joe is, who our hosts are, how we would ask questions, and what George Washington would say.
- Ethan Malik introduced ChatGPT to his class on Tuesday and by the end of the class, somebody had already created a complete working demo for their startup idea using a code Library they’ve never used before. The technology is raising concerns for some educators.
- Jeff Dolvin thinks that the future of this spot might disrupt the classroom.
- I think we’re at the beginning of a reckoning with the use of ChatGPT, but we also need to enter this future with new technologies responsibly.
- I coded out the app over a few days at my local coffee shop and then a bunch of free time over break and then it went viral. Over 23 000 teachers have signed up from over 40 States and over 30 countries around the world.
- While ethics around Chat GPT in the classroom are questioned, Malik says the technology has implications far beyond Academia.
- The makers of Chat GPT are working with educators across the country to mitigate the misuse of the bot, and students like Edward are also finding ways to use the bot to enhance their learning.
1. What is the recent announcement made by Microsoft and how is ChatGPT involved in it?
a) Microsoft is investing in ChatGPT to make it more user-friendly
b) Microsoft is investing in OpenAI, the parent company of ChatGPT, with a multi-billion dollar investment
c) Microsoft is launching its own text generator bot to compete with ChatGPT
2. How is ChatGPT being used in classrooms and what benefits does it offer to students?
a) It is being used to teach coding skills
b) It is being used to solve writer’s block and plan news interviews
c) It is being used to teach foreign languages
3. Can you describe the scenario of Morning Joe interviewing George Washington using a time machine?
a) Morning Joe interviews a historical figure without any technology assistance
b) A time machine is used to transport George Washington to the present day for an interview
c) A time machine is used to transport Morning Joe back in time to interview George Washington
4. How did Ethan Malik’s class make use of ChatGPT and what concerns has its technology raised for some educators?
a) They used ChatGPT to write a novel and educators are concerned about plagiarism
b) They used ChatGPT to create a working demo for their startup idea and educators are concerned about the potential for cheating
c) They used ChatGPT to create a social media app and educators are concerned about privacy issues
5. What efforts are being made by the makers of ChatGPT to address concerns about its use in the classroom, and how else can this technology be applied beyond academia?
a) They are working with educators to mitigate the misuse of the bot and its technology can be applied to improve customer service in businesses
b) They are working with educators to promote the use of the bot in the classroom and its technology can be applied to assist with medical diagnoses
c) They are working with educators to address concerns about the bot’s ethical implications and its technology can be applied to enhance creative writing for authors.